Welcome to the Cowgirl Swank Blog!!

Welcome to the Cowgirl Swank Blog! Here you will find the insights and daily activities of a Business Owner, Designer, Cowgirl, Rancher, Wife, Mother, and any other job description I may have on any given day. I will share details of my daily cap/visor creations, occasional recipes, and other things associated with our daily ranch life. I hope you enjoy reading my blog!
~Cheyenne

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Spring in South Dakota





Visor of the Day:  Brown HOH Visor custom made for the Matador Ranch in Matador, Texas, with their Flying V brand on it in aurora borealis crystals.
What a beautiful day! Got to start it right by gluing hide on 25 visors! Nothing like the smell of my leather glue to wake you up! :) Shane came home and we had breakfast. Calving season is kind of hard sometimes because Shane stays over at the bunkhouse at night, but Stone and I are both sleeping so it doesn't matter that much. It's tough on him though because he's up several times in the night, but he likes it that way. He wants to stay on top of what's going on with the heifers and that's the best way to do it. After breakfast, I headed out on my red "horse" to check the cows. This is a constant debate in my family. We all know that riding horses is better (for us and for the horses), but the size of our pasture and the limited time has us on four wheelers more than we should be. Anyway, what would probably take me 3 hours takes me a little over an hour on my red "horse". Everything looks great! I counted 41 calves. Shane says there is over 70, but I find that hard to believe. I realize that it's normal to miss a few, but 30+??? I don't think so.....Oh well, I don't argue.
Came home and finished boxing up some caps to take to Jami (she's the gal that helps me out with my caps). She is a godsend. I don't know what I'd do without her help. Talked to a customer this morning from Utah. She ordered 5 little girls' military caps in pink and one for her oldest granddaughter. I just love making custom caps. It makes it so much more personal knowing that I'm making them for specific people! I'm waiting on Downunder Horsemanship's order for their next tour. It's going to be much larger than the last order. I'm so glad that the caps have been selling so quickly at their tours! If somebody waits to buy one....they are generally out of luck. I'm anxious to get to work on their order.
Well, Shane just walked it....I have to go drive the pickup for him so he can rope a calf to graft onto a cow. Such is the life of a rancher........:)

No comments:

Post a Comment